Sunday, October 10, 2010

Well the weather is gettting cooler and Iam so glad

Not that I don't like the Heat but we don't have central air and my husband Has Multiple Sclerosis pretty bad . The heat just adds to how terrible he feels . So the last 2 weeks have been pretty bad. He can only walk to the bathroom and to the dinner table with his cane and holding part of wall .Although last night poor guy fell into the wall .
I honestly hate to watch him just losing so much of his body .It hurts me so bad ! But Iam so thankful to God Iam blessed to be the one to help take care of him . I would not trade my life for anything. Although we have went through ALOT of changes the last 2 years , I know the lord is with us each step. I worry so much about the older children ,it is very hard on them to watch and of course some have alot more responsibility then there sisters who are at college had.But they love their daddy so much and I see such great care when they are with him.
So on top of everything else going on we have been waiting about 20 months for us to get a schedule hearing with the judge for his social Security Disability. Why you ask would we have to wait this long , I DON'T KNOW !!! I honestly don't know why we were denied . Keith is on a very dangerous drug to help slow down his MS called Tysabri which we are about to receive his 16th treatment ,so after a 1 year and 1/2 I really don't see that it has helped him much at all. There is a serious side effect with this drug and it is only approved with a black box warning from the FDA .Oh yes the side effect is death !!! I just don't see why we are risking this and it isn't making him feel better. On top of everything else ,it cost 8900.00 a MONTH for the medicine . Which we get free ,which concerns me even more. I feel like he is more of a Guinea pig :( .
so Keith cant hardly walk ,has serious Alzheimer's symptoms . Cant go anywhere or he gets lost and confused. He cant make it to the bathroom or take a shower by himself. He drops everything he is holding on to including our sweeet Lizzie (she was ok). His Arms and legs are super heavy and have the pins and needles feeling all the time and well the exhaustion he has is not even explainable . He will sleep all night to just feel like he ran a 20 mile race. And this is what it is like everyday . But the government said 20 m0nths ago he isn't disabled and can work . WE have every single thing documented with his neurologist and tons of Mri's that show the ms has eaten its way into his brain tissue. Not too mention who leaves a 110,000 a year job for poverty . yes Social security you are right we are trying to trick the system . I know I seem angry and I guess I am Because honestly the way the government with social security is they could denie him again . It looks like within the next few months we will see the judge and Iam praying so hard it will be approved. Will this fix everything "No" but will take a great burden off of my Amazing husband and help him to know he is taking care of us ,even though he already is . If you would please pray with us ,it will be a yes and the judge will see us soon . I would be so thankful.
With all of this going on I must not end this with out telling you . That For the last 2 years our lord has TAKEN EXCELLENT care of us . We have always had a place to live ,food to eat and even many items that were not needs taken care of . I know only because of Christ . We have learned so much about the love Christ has for us and how he has sent his people to take care of us . It has been such a amazing amount of love we have felt from God . Thank you so much Lord for loving us and teaching us !! Taking care of Keith and I and our 10 beautiful blessings who give Keith so much joy to love on and be with . And no they are not a burden and if anything with out all the little ones he would be SO lonely all day . He just loves to watch them play and talk with them :)

1 comment:

Raising Saints said...

Always praying Wanda .. always!!